Tuesday, January 2, 2007

I was a good Christian


Here comes 2007, I need to write my conlusion of my dissertation and I dreamed about one of my female professor in Taiwan.


In the dream I want to cry, because something I want to talk to her.


Mainly about the religion I felt in UK.


What in my mind in my dream was a sense of continuity.


She was a religious Christian like me, but then in the name of philosophy we gave up. (My another reason is gay issue. )


Studying philosophy makes her 'universal', I think, like musicians, scientists, or sportsmen/women.


Studying psychology makes me keep thinking about the history.


I became a Christian is under the 'condition of possibility'


China encounter Western culture, usa's power after WWII, my gaze toward a romanticised 'better life' created by usa's mass media.


The experience of seeing the church in Britain is a profound sense of being in HISTORY.


It is quite a contrary of my religious in Taiwan.


I was introduced to a semi-Methodist church by a family which is babysitting my brother and I.


Then I became more involved because an organisation called campus fellowship.


The church experience is mixed with summer camp, group therapy, and salesmanship. And all is very American style.


1986-1994,

I am a religious bird. I pray for people I know everyday, I went to church more than 3 times a week, I teached at Sunday school, and sometimes I mediated that God's plan is carried everyday, every moment, very teleological.


I talked to that femal professor I want to create a theory bridge over Christianty and our culture when I studied philosophy in the university. She said I am liked the she before.














No comments: